Haryana govt-IDFC First Bank fraud case: CBI files first chargesheet in alleged Rs 504 cr misappropriation case

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday filed its first chargesheet in the alleged misappropriation of Haryana government funds involving officials of , , Haryana government departments and private persons.

The chargesheet was filed before the Special Judge (CBI) court in Panchkula, Haryana, in connection with the alleged siphoning of government funds worth Rs 504 crore, the agency said in a press release dated May 21.

“A total of 15 accused persons have been chargesheeted, comprising 6 bank officials of IDFC First Bank and AU Small Finance Bank, 3 public servants of the Government of Haryana belonging to Haryana Power Generation Corporation Ltd., Development and Panchayat Dept. and Haryana School Shiksha Pariyojna Parishad, 2 shell entities along with their 3 partners/directors, and 1 private person,” the CBI said.

Also Read:

“All accused persons are presently under judicial custody. They have been chargesheeted for offences including , Criminal Breach of Trust, Cheating, Forgery, Destruction of Evidence, and offences under the , 1988,” it added.

ET logo

Live Events



      The agency said investigation against the 15 accused named in the chargesheet has been completed for the offences mentioned, while probes involving other accused persons and alleged misappropriation in other departments are still underway.

      “Investigation against the other accused persons and about the misappropriation in other departments is going on and additional chargesheets will be filed shortly,” the CBI said.

      The case relates to the alleged diversion of Haryana government funds from bank accounts of multiple departments through alleged collusion between bank officials and public servants posted in those departments. “The case pertains to the alleged misappropriation of Government funds to the tune of Rs. 504 Crores, siphoned off from bank accounts of various Government Departments of Haryana by bank officials in criminal connivance with public servants posted at the concerned departments,” the agency said.

      It first came to light in February 2026 after the Haryana government de-empanelled IDFC First Bank and AU Small Finance Bank for government business and directed departments to close accounts and transfer balances elsewhere.

      During the process, discrepancies were detected between the balances shown in bank records and the amounts reflected in government department accounts at IDFC First Bank’s Chandigarh branch. Subsequent checks across multiple Haryana government-linked accounts revealed similar mismatches, triggering a wider investigation into alleged unauthorised transactions and diversion of funds. IDFC First Bank disclosed the suspected Rs 590 crore fraud on February 22 and suspended four employees linked to the case.

      The case was initially registered by the Haryana State Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau before being transferred to the CBI for further investigation.

      Earlier this month, the Haryana government allowed the CBI to probe the role of five IAS officers in the case under provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.

      The probe has widened over the past few weeks, with the CBI conducting searches across Chandigarh and Panchkula and seizing digital and financial records linked to the alleged fraud. Officials of IDFC First Bank and AU Small Finance Bank were accused of colluding with Haryana government officials to divert public funds through shell entities and fictitious transactions.

      The Enforcement Directorate had also arrested two former IDFC First Bank employees in connection with a linked to the case.

      Add ET Logo as a Reliable and Trusted News Source


      (You can now subscribe to our )

      (You can now subscribe to our )

      Leave a Reply

      Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

      5 × one =